SIM Local Privacy Statement
SIM Local is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your relationship with us.
The privacy notice below explains what information we gather about you, what we use that information for and to whom we give the information. It also sets out your rights and who you can contact for information or queries.
We respect individuals right to privacy and to the protection of personal information.
“Personal Information” means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when combined with other information).
What Personal Information do we collect?
We do NOT capture or store any personal information.
Shopify and PayPal are our 3rd party service providers and they will capture your personal information via the SIM Local website.
Shopify collects name, email address, delivery address, order details, username and password of the customer to identify you and contact you.
PayPal collects payment details including credit card details such as credit card holder name, credit card number, credit card expiry date and the card security code.
Why we process your personal information?
• To comply with contractual obligations
• To create and maintain your account
• To process orders
Where and How we keep your data
Data held and processed by SIM Local in the UK and Ireland is stored on secure cloud based servers hosted by Amazon Web Services in the EEA (primary & backup).
Retention of Personal Information
Our policy is to retain Personal Information provided to us for as long as it may be required to comply with our legal obligations.
When no longer required we securely delete the information from our servers.
We will carry out these procedures at an earlier date if you so request unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
Rights regarding your personal information
You have the following rights in respect of any personal data we hold
• Request confirmation of what personal data we hold for you
• Request that we correct any errors, omissions, or outdated data
• Request that we no longer use the information to contact you
• Request removal from any contact / mailing list we have the data on
• Request that we restrict our use of your data
• Request that your data be deleted altogether from our records
• Request that we transfer your data to another organisation
• It is our intention that we will resolve any issue you may have with regard to data privacy but in the event that we do not achieve this to your satisfaction in a reasonable time you have the right to refer the matter to –
Ireland - Office of the Data Protection Commissioner – https://www.dataprotection.ie
United Kingdom – The Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/